Elevation area (in black) between two assigned values in a Hymalaya region
- Mortari, D. “A Fast On-Board Autonomous Attitude Determination System Based on a new Star-ID Technique for a Wide FOV Star Tracker,” AAS 96-158, AAS/AIAA Space Flight Mechanics Meeting, Austin, TX, February 11-15, 1996.
- Mortari, D. “SP-Search: A New Algorithm for Star Pattern Recognition,” AAS 99-181, AAS/AIAA Space Flight Mechanics Meeting, Breckenridge, CO, February 7-10, 1999.
- Mortari, D. and Junkins, L.J. “SP-Search Star Pattern Recognition for Multiple Fields of View Star Trackers,” AAS 99-437, AAS/AIAA Astrodynamics Specialist Conference, Girdwood, AK, August 15-19, 1999.
- Mortari, D. and Neta, B. “k-vector Range Searching Techniques,” AAS 00-128, AAS/AIAA Space Flight Mechanics Meeting. Clearwater, FL. January 23-26, 2000.
- Mortari, D., and Romoli, A. “Novita’ Ottiche ed Algoritmiche del Sensore Stellare NavStar III,” Workshop ASI – La Scienza e la Tecnologia sulla Stazione Spaziale Internazionale, Torino, Italy, May 16-18, 2001.
- Mortari, D., Samaan, M.A., Bruccoleri, C., and Junkins, J.L. “The Pyramid Star Pattern Recognition Algorithm,” ION Navigation, Vol. 51, No. 3, Fall 2004, pp. 171-183.
- Mortari, D. and Rogers, J. “A k-vector Approach to Sampling, Interpolation, and Approximation,” AAS 12-624, 2012 AAS/AIAA Jer-Nan Juang Astronautics Symposium, College Station, TX, June 24-26, 2012.
- Borissov, S., de Dilectis, F., and Mortari, D. “k-vector Approach for Massive Solutions of Kepler Equation,” AAS 14-433, 2014 AAS/AIAA Space Flight Mechanics Meeting Conference, Santa Fe, NM, Jan. 26-30, 2014.
Mortari, D. “Memory Adaptive k-vector,” AAS 14-207, 2014 AAS/AIAA Space Flight Mechanics Meeting Conference, Santa Fe, NM, Jan. 26-30, 2014.
Mortari, D. and Furfaro, R. “Fast Selection of Debris Subset for Conjunction Analysis using k-vector,” AAS 14-366, 2015 AAS/AIAA Space Flight Mechanics Meeting Conference, Williamsburg, VA, Jan. 12-15, 2015.
Histogram of data generated by k-vector (bottom) using prescribed PDF function (top)
Intersection between two nonlinear surfaces evaluated by k-vector
MATLAB code to download [License]
- k-vector construction [BuildKV.m]
- k-vector range searching use [UseKV.m]