TFC book: Leake, C., Johnston, H., and Mortari, D. The Theory of Functional Connections: A Functional Interpolation. Framework with Applications. Lulu, Morrisville NC, 2022. Available on Lulu, Amazon, and Barnes&Nobles.
During the past few years, my research has focused on: 1) orientation and position estimation of spacecraft, 2) attitude sensor data processing, 3) satellite constellations, and 4) various topics in linear algebra and numerical algorithms (function inversion, functional interpolation, differential equations, rotation in n-dimensional spaces, etc.).
- Editor-in-Chief, Functional Interpolation section (Mathematics). WoS impact factor is 2.592 (Q1 and top 5%). Editorial board.
- Guest-Editor, Sensors: Special Issue “Attitude Estimation Based on Data Processing of Sensors,” WoS Impact factor is 3.847. Deadline: May 31, 2023
- Guest-Editor, Mathematics: Special Issue “Dynamics and Control Using Functional Interpolation,” WoS Impact factor is 2.592. Deadline: December 31, 2023
- Attitude and position determination systems
- Satellite constellations design (Flower Constellation, starting at 4:45)
- Sensor data processing
- Algorithms (k-vector) and linear algebra
- Theory of Functional Connections [papers] – [code (Python)] – [code readme] – [Seminar at Crunch, starting at 57:18]
|Sumin Seo||Jiwon Bae||Sangheon Choi|
2023 Journal articles
- Mortari, D., Garrappa, R., and Nicolo’, L. “Theory of Functional Connections Extended to Fractional Operators,” Functional Interpolation (Mathematics), 2023, In review.
- de Almeida, A., Bertacchini Prado, A., and Mortari, D. “Orbit Transfer using Theory of Functional Connections via Change of Variables,” The European Physical Journal Plus, 2023, In review.
- de Almeida, A., Bertacchini Prado, A., and Mortari, D. “Using the Theory of Functional Connections to Create Periodic Orbits with a Linear Variable Thrust,” New Astronomy, 2023. In review.
- Critchley-Marrows, J. and Mortari, D. “A Return to the Sextant – Maritime Navigation using Celestial Bodies and the Horizon,” Navigation, 2023. In review.
- Critchley-Marrows, J. and Mortari, D. “Vision-based Navigation in Low Earth Orbit – using the Stars and Horizon as an Alternative PNT,” Advances in Space Research, 2023.
- Drozd, K., Furfaro, R., and Mortari, D. “Rapidly Exploring Random Trees with Physics-Informed Neural Networks for Constrained Energy-Optimal Rendezvous Problems,” The Journal of the Astronautical Sciences, 2023. In print.
- Yassopoulos, C., Reddy, J.N., and Mortari, D. “Analysis of Nonlinear Timoshenko–Ehrenfest Beam Problems with von Kármán Nonlinearity using the Theory of Functional Connections,” Mathematics and Computers in Simulation, March 2023, Vol 205, pp. 709-744.
2023 Conferences, Invited Seminars, and Talks
- Mortari, D. Criscola, F., and Canales, D. “Perturbed Lamber Problem Using the Theory of Functional Connections,” AAS 23-131. 33rd AAS/AIAA Space Flight Mechanics Meeting, Austin TX, January 15-19, 2023.
- Mortari, D. “Trajectory Optimization Using the Theory of Functional Connections,” AAS 23-132. 33rd AAS/AIAA Space Flight Mechanics Meeting, Austin TX, January 15-19, 2023.
- The Theory of Functional Connections: Current Status, Invited Seminar, Crunch Group, The Division of Applied Mathematics, Brown University, March 3, 2023. Youtube (go to min 57:17).
- The Wahba’s Problem: Optimal Single-point Attitude Algorithms, Invited talk, Aerospace Engineering and Engineering Mechanics, The University of Texas at Austin, March 6, 2023.
- The Theory of Functional Connections: Current Status, Invited Seminar, Aerospace Engineering and Engineering Mechanics, The University of Texas at Austin, May 4, 2023.
- Quod Erat Demonstrandum, Invited Seminar, Applied Mathematics Research Group, The University of Texas At Austin, May 5, 2023.
- Functional interpolation: what is it? Keynote talk, 1st International Online Conference on Mathematics and Applications, IOCMA 2023, May 1-15, 2023.
- XX Jornadas de Trabajo en Mecanica Celeste, Alicante (Spain), June 14-16, 2023.
- Optimization using the Theory of Functional Connections, Keynote talk, 2023 International Conference on Advanced Unmanned Aerial Systems（ICAUAS 2023) Toronto, Canada, on July 14-16, 2023.