During past few years, my research has focused on: 1) orientation and position estimation of spacecraft, 2) attitude sensor data processing, 3) satellite constellations, and 4) various topics in linear algebra and numerical algorithms (function inversion, interpolation, differential equations, rotation in n-dimensional real and complex spaces, etc.).
- Attitude and position determination systems
- Satellite constellations design
- Sensor data processing
- Algorithms and linear algebra
Ph.D. Research Team
- Bani-Younes, A. and Mortari, D. “Derivation of Exact Attitude Error Kinematics Equations,” IEEE Transactions on Aerospace and Electronic Systems, Submitted.
- Zhang, G. and Mortari, D. “Second-Order Integral-Form Gauss’s Variational Equations under Impulsive Control,” AIAA Journal of Guidance, Control, and Dynamics, Accepted.
- Zhang, G., Zhou, D., Mortari, D., and Akella, M.R. “Covariance Analysis of Lambert’s Problem via Lagrange’s Transfer-Time Formulation,” Aerospace Science and Technology, Accepted.
- Arnas, D. and Mortari, D. “Nonlinear Function Inversion using k-vector,” Journal of Applied Mathematics and Computation, Vol. 320, March 2018, pp. 754-768.
- Mortari, D. “The Theory of Connections: Connecting Points,” Mathematics, 2017, 5, 57.
- Mortari, D. “Least-squares Solutions of Linear Differential Equations,” Mathematics, 2017, 5, 48.