During past few years, my research has focused on: 1) orientation and position estimation of spacecraft, 2) attitude sensor data processing, 3) satellite constellations, and 4) various topics in linear algebra and numerical algorithms (function inversion, interpolation, differential equations, rotation in n-dimensional real and complex spaces, etc.).
- MDPI Sensors. Special Issue “Attitude Sensors“. Deadline for manuscript submissions: September 30, 2020.
- Attitude and position determination systems
- Satellite constellations design
- Sensor data processing
- Algorithms and linear algebra
- Functional interpolation
|Dr. Alan Kardec
de Almeida Junior
|Dr. Stoian Borissov
(Graduated: May 2020)
(Graduated: May 2020)
2020 Journal Publications
- Leake, C., Johnston, H., and Mortari, D. “The Multivariate Theory of Functional Connections: Theory, Proofs, and Application in Partial Differential Equations,” MDPI Mathematics, Under Review.
- Johnston, H., Leake, C., de Almeida, M.M., and Mortari, D. “Recursive Star-Identification Algorithm using an Adaptive SVD-based Angular Velocity Estimator,” AIAA Journal of Spacecraft and Rockets, Under review.
- Johnston, H., Schiassi, E., Furfaro, R., and Mortari, D. “Fuel-Efficient Powered Descent Guidance on Planetary Bodies via the Theory of Functional Connections,” The Journal of Astronautical Sciences, Under review.
- Johnston, H. and Mortari, D. “Least-squares Solutions of Boundary-Value Problems in Hybrid Systems,” Journal of Computational and Applied Mathematics, Under review.
- Mai, T. and Mortari, D. “Theory of Functional Connections Applied to Nonlinear Programming under Equality Constraints,” Journal of Computational and Applied Mathematics, Under review.
- Leake, C., Arnas, D., and Mortari, D. “Non-dimensional Star-Identification,” MDPI Sensors, 2020, 20, 2697.
- de Almeida, M.M., Mortari, D., Zanetti, R., and Akella, M. “QuateRA: the Quaternion Regression Algorithm,” AIAA Journal of Guidance, Control, and Dynamics, In print.
- Johnston, H., Leake, C., and Mortari, D. “Least-squares Solutions of Eighth-order Boundary Value Problems using the Theory of Functional Connections”, MDPI Mathematics, 2020, Vol. 8(3), No. 397.
- Leake, C. and Mortari, D. “Deep Theory of Functional Connections: A New Method for Estimating the Solutions of Partial Differential Equations”, MDPI Machine Learning and Knowledge Extraction, 2020, Vol. 2, No. 1, pp. 37-55.
- Arnas, D., Leake, C., and Mortari, D. “The n-Dimensional k-vector and its Application to Orthogonal Range Searching,” Applied Mathematics and Computation, Vol. 372, 1 May 2020, 125010.
- Zhang, G. and Mortari, D. “Impulsive Orbit Correction using Second Order Gauss’s Variational Equations,” Celestial Mechanics and Dynamical Astronomy, (2020) 132:13. https://doi.org/10.1007/s10569-019-9949-6.
- Furfaro, R. and Mortari, D. “Least-squares Solution of a Class of Optimal Guidance Problems via Theory of Connections,” ACTA Astronautica, March 2020, Vol. 168, pp.92-103.