During past few years, my research has focused on: 1) orientation and position estimation of spacecraft, 2) attitude sensor data processing, 3) satellite constellations, and 4) various topics in linear algebra and numerical algorithms (function inversion, interpolation, differential equations, rotation in n-dimensional real and complex spaces, etc.).
- Attitude and position determination systems
- Satellite constellations design
- Sensor data processing
- Algorithms and linear algebra
Ph.D. Research Team
- Mortari, D. “The Theory of Connections: Connecting Functions.” arXiv.1812.1062. Submitted to MDPI Mathematics.
- Leake, C., Johnston, H., Smith, L., and Mortari, D. “Theory of Connections applied to Support Vector Machines to Solve Differential Equations,” arXiv.1812.05571
- Mortari, D., Johnston, H., and Smith, L. “High Accurate Least-Squares Solutions of Nonlinear Differential Equations, Journal of Computational and Applied Mathematics, Vol. 352, 15 May 2019, pp. 293-307.
- Arnas, D., Leake, C., and Mortari, D. “Random Sampling using k-vector,” IEEE Computing in Science and Engineering, doi: 10.1109/MCSE.2018.2882727
- Zhang, G. and Mortari, D. “Second-Order Integral-Form Gauss’s Variational Equations under Impulsive Control,” AIAA Journal of Guidance, Control, and Dynamics, https://doi.org/10.2514/1.G003607
- Zhang, G., Zhou, D., Mortari, D., and Akella, M.R. “Covariance Analysis of Lambert’s Problem via Lagrange’s Transfer-Time Formulation,” Aerospace Science and Technology, Vol. 77, June 2018, pp. 765-773.
- Arnas, D. and Mortari, D. “Nonlinear Function Inversion using k-vector,” Journal of Applied Mathematics and Computation, Vol. 320, March 2018, pp. 754-768.
- Mortari, D. “The Theory of Connections: Connecting Points,” MDPI Mathematics, 2017, 5, 57.
- Mortari, D. “Least-squares Solutions of Linear Differential Equations,” MDPI Mathematics, 2017, 5, 48.