During past few years, my research has focused on: 1) orientation and position estimation of spacecraft, 2) attitude sensor data processing, 3) satellite constellations, and 4) various topics in linear algebra and numerical algorithms (function inversion, interpolation, differential equations, rotation in n-dimensional real and complex spaces, etc.).
- Attitude and position determination systems
- Satellite constellations design
- Sensor data processing
- Algorithms and linear algebra
Ph.D. Research Team
|Carl Leake||(2019 NSTRF)|
|Hunter Johnston||(2019 NSTRF)|
2019 Journal Publications
- Fialho, M.A.A. and Mortari, D. “Theoretical Limits of Star Tracker Accuracy,” MDPI Sensors, Submitted.
- Arnas, D., Leake, C., and Mortari, D. “The n-Dimensional k-vector and its Application to Orthogonal Range Searching,” Applied Mathematics and Computation, Submitted.
- Bani-Younes, A. and Mortari, D. “Derivation of Exact Attitude Error Kinematics Equations, ACTA Astronautica, Submitted.
- de Almeida, M.M., Mortari, D., Zanetti, R., and Akella, M. “QuateRA: the Quaternion Regression Algorithm,” AIAA Journal of Guidance, Control, and Dynamics, Submitted.
- Leake, C., Johnston, H., Smith, L., and Mortari, D. “Approximate Solutions to Ordinary Differential Equations Using Least-Squares Support Vector Machines,” IEEE Transactions on Neural Networks and Learning Systems, Submitted. [also in arXiv.1812.05571]
- Johnston, H., Leake, C., Efendiev, Y., and Mortari, D. “Selected Applications of the Theory of Connections: A Technique for Analytical Constraint Embedding,” MDPI Mathematics, 2019, 7(6), 537.
- Furfaro, R. and Mortari, D. “Least-squares Solution of a Class of Optimal Guidance Problems via Theory of Connections,” ACTA Astronautica, In print.
- Mortari, D. and Leake, C. “The Multivariate Theory of Connections,” MDPI Mathematics, 2019, 7(3), 296.
- Mortari, D., Johnston, H., and Smith, L. “High Accurate Least-Squares Solutions of Nonlinear Differential Equations, Journal of Computational and Applied Mathematics, Vol. 352, 15 May 2019, pp. 293-307.