During past few years, my research has focused on: 1) orientation and position estimation of spacecraft, 2) attitude sensor data processing, 3) satellite constellations, and 4) various topics in linear algebra and numerical algorithms (function inversion, interpolation, differential equations, rotation in n-dimensional real and complex spaces, etc.).
- MDPI Mathematics. Special Issue “Computational Mathematics, Algorithms, and Data Processing“. Deadline for manuscript submissions: 31 December 2019.
- MDPI Sensors. Special Issue “Attitude Sensors“. Deadline for manuscript submissions: 31 March 2020.
- Attitude and position determination systems
- Satellite constellations design
- Sensor data processing
- Algorithms and linear algebra
Ph.D. Research Team
|Carl Leake||(2019 NSTRF)|
|Hunter Johnston||(2019 NSTRF)|
2019 Journal Publications
- Johnston, H., Schiassi, E., Furfaro, R., and Mortari, D. “Fuel-Efficient Powered Descent Guidance on Planetary Bodies via the Theory of Functional Connections,” The Journal of Astronautical Sciences, Under review.
- Johnston, H. and Mortari, D. “Least-squares Solutions of Boundary-Value Problems in Hybrid Systems,” Journal of Computational and Applied Mathematics, Under review.
- Mai, T. and Mortari, D. “Theory of Functional Connections Applied to Nonlinear Programming under Equality Constraints,” Journal of Computational and Applied Mathematics, Submitted.
- Fialho, M.A.A. and Mortari, D. “Theoretical Limits of Star Sensors Accuracy,” MDPI Sensors, 2019, 19(24), 5355; https://doi.org/10.3390/s19245355 [arXiv].
- Zhang, G. and Mortari, D. “Least-Squares Impulsive Orbit Correction using Gauss’s Variational Equations,” Celestial Mechanics and Dynamical Astronomy, Under review.
- Arnas, D., Leake, C., and Mortari, D. “The n-Dimensional k-vector and its Application to Orthogonal Range Searching,” Applied Mathematics and Computation, Submitted.
- de Almeida, M.M., Mortari, D., Zanetti, R., and Akella, M. “QuateRA: the Quaternion Regression Algorithm,” AIAA Journal of Guidance, Control, and Dynamics, Submitted.
- Bani-Younes, A. and Mortari, D. “Derivation of All Attitude Error Governing Equations for Attitude Filtering and Control,” MDPI Sensors, Special Issue “Attitude Sensors,” 2019, 19(21), 4682.
- Leake, C., Johnston, H., Smith, L., and Mortari, D. “Analytically Embedding Differential Equation Constraints into Least-Squares Support Vector Machines using the Theory of Functional Connections,” MDPI Machine Learning and Knowledge Extraction. (2019), 1(4), 1058-1083. Also in arXiv.1812.05571.
- Johnston, H., Leake, C., Efendiev, Y., and Mortari, D. “Selected Applications of the Theory of Connections: A Technique for Analytical Constraint Embedding,” MDPI Mathematics, 2019, 7(6), 537.
- Furfaro, R. and Mortari, D. “Least-squares Solution of a Class of Optimal Guidance Problems via Theory of Connections,” ACTA Astronautica, In print.
- Mortari, D. and Leake, C. “The Multivariate Theory of Connections,” MDPI Mathematics, 2019, 7(3), 296.
- Mortari, D., Johnston, H., and Smith, L. “High Accurate Least-Squares Solutions of Nonlinear Differential Equations, Journal of Computational and Applied Mathematics, Vol. 352, 15 May 2019, pp. 293-307.